Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Chanukah Music Videos 5774 - Including NEW MACCABEATS!

Here we are, another year, more music videos!

Check out the past few years' selections at these posts: 5773/2012 and 5772/2011.

New videos will be added to the bottom of the post as I find them. Submit videos for posting in the comments section!

Let's start off with The Maccabeats and "Burn," based on a song by Ellie Goulding.




Of course, this year Thanksgiving coincides with Chanukah, so there are going to be a ton of Thanksgivukkah videos, such as this video by the Buba Myses, a parody of "Scream and Shout," by will.i.am and Britney Spears.




"Oils" by Big Teeth Productions. A parody of Royals by Lorde.

This song features a female vocalist, but none of the women appearing in the video (or men) seem to be actually singing.




"Thanksgivukkah Pie" by Benjy Lovitt - a parody of "American Pie" and "The Saga Begins"




The BBoys are back again, with "8 Nights" a rap parody of "Tom Ford" by Jay-Z




Mr. Palindrome presents: "I Want A Hippopotamus For Hanukkah"




A new Israeli A Capella group, Kipa Leiv L'Chanukah - Nes Gadol Haya Po.



Six13 returns with "The Thanksgivukkah Anthem." What's with the reference to Roman Cavalry?




A newcomer, Kopshtick presents "Chanuka Rock!"

 


The Houston Rockets attempt to sing "I had a little Dreidel" for the second time (here's the first)

 


Edon singing an original song called "8 Days."




Shir Soul is back with a parody of One Republic's "Counting Stars" called "Timeless as the Stars."

I may be biased because I like the original as well - but this is my vote for best Chanukah song this year - sorry Maccabeats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, and greatly encouraged! I certainly want to foster open discussion, so if you have something to say about anything I've written, don't hesitate! I also greatly enjoy comments/critiques of my stories. But please, no spam.