Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lipa Schmeltzer's New Song/Video - "Mizrach"

While not Rosh Hashana related, Lipa has released a new music video for his song "Mizrach," which is dedicated to the Nachal Chareidi. It promotes unity among all the different groups within the Jewish People, which is always a noble goal, especially now around the Yomim Nora'im.


Ever since I first met/saw Lipa perform live at the 2nd YU-Nite Shabbaton in Stamford, Connecticut, I knew  he was different from other performers out there from more right-wing backgrounds. After hearing him speak very positively about YU during the shabbaton as well as during his YU Chanukah performance, I became convinced that he is meant to be someone who uses his popularity and talent to greatly benefit the Jewish People.

See Lipa singing that if he could do things over, he'd go to YU.

Instead of merely created new engaging, inspiring and enjoyable music, he has become a personality for positive growth and unity - something we all need to focus on a little bit more these days, especially this time of the year.

I wish him much success, not only in his musical career, but in reaching out to Jews across the spectrum of Hashkafos and levels of religious observance - helping to bring us all a littler closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, and greatly encouraged! I certainly want to foster open discussion, so if you have something to say about anything I've written, don't hesitate! I also greatly enjoy comments/critiques of my stories. But please, no spam.