Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fortune Cookies: Part 3

This is beginning to get a little ridiculous. The first fortune from today's sushi lunch was:

"You will be lucky in love."

The cookie folk have got to stop playing around with me like this... although I do have my first YU Connects date tomorrow, so who knows. The "Learn Chinese" word was "jiang" - "ginger," yet another food item... or is that hair color?

The second fortune read:

"You discover treasures where others see nothing unusual."

This certainly is a nice idea, and I think it fits me to an extent. I do tend to notice things about people and life in general that others pass by without notice. However, the corresponding Chinese word was "pian yi" - "cheap." So I'm not sure if the cookie is being sincere, or attempting to be funny be inferring that I'm a bargain hunter of some sort - which isn't as apropos to my personality.

More posts coming soon, hopefully. I've been bogged down with school, but the need to write has been nagging me the past few days. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, and greatly encouraged! I certainly want to foster open discussion, so if you have something to say about anything I've written, don't hesitate! I also greatly enjoy comments/critiques of my stories. But please, no spam.