Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mayim Bialik Talks About Her Maccabeats Cameo

I wasn't so surprised when I noticed Jewish actress and neuroscientist Mayim Bialik appear in the latest Maccabeats video, "Miracle." I had been following her online cheer-leader-ing and remarks about her favorite (in a kind of obsessive way) Jewish music group.

Mayim was the first celebrity - way before Obama - to take a real interest in the guys and their positive Torah Umadda message. She even gave them a shout out at Tribefest this past March (this clip is worth watching for the other meaningful things she says aside from the name-drop).

Now she has posted her side of the story in "Mayim's Miracle Maccabeats Debut," sharing with all of us out there in internet-land her experience of how she came to make a cameo in their follow-up video to "Candlight."

I'm glad Mayim is out there in the notoriously liberal Hollywood promoting real Jewish values, as well as publicly supporting our now-famous A Capella group. She's a breath of fresh air in a sometimes very anti-Jewish or self-derogatory (self-hating can be a bit much) world out there.

1 comment:

  1. She's cute. I find her very real. And it's funny that she is a neuroscientist when she plays something similar on the Big Bang Theory. Her kids are cute. And it's nice how she is embracing Judaism.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and greatly encouraged! I certainly want to foster open discussion, so if you have something to say about anything I've written, don't hesitate! I also greatly enjoy comments/critiques of my stories. But please, no spam.