After a delay due to hurricane Sandy, the YUConnects along with Yeshiva University's Center for the Jewish Future have published a collection of Divrei Torah and professional insights about dating and marriage that are authored by numerous well-respected Roshei Yeshiva, rabbeim, teachers, doctors and professionals.
I am a big of the To-Go booklets of Divrei Torah, and always make sure a batch gets delivered to our shul. If you're lucky, your congregation will have these available shortly, but if they run out or happened to not have ordered any, all the articles are available online to download for free.
Here are the various different articles and their authors:
- Divrei Bracha from Rabbi Hershel Schachter
- Rabbi Kenneth Brander - "Foreword"
- Dr. Efrat Sobolofsky - "Introduction"
- Rabbi Michael Taubes - "Is there a Mitzvah to Arrange Shidduchim?"
- Rabbi Zvi Sobolofsky - "Rejoice Beloved Friends"
- Mrs. Mindy Eisenman - "Communication in Relationships in Tanach: A Paradigm for Others"
- Rabbi Chaim Eisenstein - "The Ultimate Connection: Developing the Necessary Tools for a True Lasting Connection in Your Marriage"
- Rabbi Akiva and Chaya Sima Koenigsberg - "Matchmaking Fees and Beyond"
- Rabbi Ari Sytner - "Our Words: Helpful or Hurtful? Ona'at Devarim in the Singles Community"
- Rabbi Dovid Cohen - "Dating or Waiting: When Am I Ready?"
- Dr. Chani Maybruch - "Essentials to Look for in a Spouse"
- Shana Yocheved Schacter, CSW - "Relationships that Work: Introspection and Expectations"
- Rabbi Dr. Jonathan Schwartz - "Seeking Mr./Mrs. "Perfect": Denying Mr./Mrs. "Right""
- Dr. Sara Barris - "Deepening your Relationship: Dating and Beyond"
- Mrs. Marjorie Glatt, J.D. - "Let's Get Practical! Top Tips for Increasing Matches in Your Community"
- Dr. Nicole Schreiber-Agus, Estie Rose & Chani Wiesman Berliant - "Frequently Asked Questions about Genetic Testing"
- Rabbi Dr. Eddie Reichman - "The Mandate of Genetic Testing"
- Dr. Efrat Sobolofsky - "Points to Ponder: Positive Action Items"
Enjoy! I hope the insights contained in these Divrei Torah and articles will inspire daters and shadchanim alike.