Friday, February 18, 2011

He Didn't Like My What? That Insufferable Smellfungus!

As an English major, I've gotta love Merriam Webster's weekly lists of interesting words. The newest one is a compilation of "Top 10 Rare & Amusing Insults."

The title of this post comes from #3 Smellfungus: "An excessively faultfinding person." Sounds like a lot of overly picky shidduch daters I know... Maybe we can all start using smellfungus for all those head-in-the-clouds-looking-for-ms./mr. perfect and enter it into the shidduch lexicon.

Check out the list and let me know if you ever actually use one on a date!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear some stories about these "overly picky shidduch daters" and why you think they're picky. Sounds like a blog post from which we can learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly didn't go out with anyone overly picky, but I've heard/read many stories of such people - and now that I'm a YU Connector with ASoG, I see LOTS of super-picky profiles out there.

    I will write a bit about it in a future "Y U Don't Connect" post.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and greatly encouraged! I certainly want to foster open discussion, so if you have something to say about anything I've written, don't hesitate! I also greatly enjoy comments/critiques of my stories. But please, no spam.