Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm Macca-Famous?!?! Oh Dear...

Oh my.

I didn't think my recent little joke-post about the Maccabeats with the cutesy availability picture I whipped up would turn into such a big deal.

Well, now I'm linked, along with the now-infamous picture, on the Jerusalem Post's regular pop-culture segment called The Weekly Schmooze.

Um, hello world?

And here I was wistfully wondering when I'd surpass 40,000 hits, knowing that I went to sleep last night about 500 short. I was also pondering the notion of having a contest with a prize for the 40,000th hit, but I guess that'd be pretty moot at this point. Maybe I'll do it when Shades of Grey reaches 50,000 hits? That is a little more monumental anyway.

I guess it's a good thing I'm married, cuz I have no doubt that this is Bad for Shidduchim.

UPDATE 2/10/11 - Now the post is linked on Frum Satire...

3 comments:

  1. Very humble of you.

    My roommate posted the picture on facebook (as a joke!)...just so you know it's on the web in other places too...We found it pretty hilarious.

    Also, can a public viewer see your hit number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that's hilarious.
    I knew that photo was going places :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl 123 - I keep getting facebook links, but I have no clue who's posting them... The counter is on the right hand side of the page below my contact information.

    Sefardi Gal - I knew something was up when a friend in Israel randomly sent me the picture after his fiancee emailed it to him. I now kind of wish I had spent a little more time and added a little Nachum Joel to the upper corner instead of just text, but fixing it now won't change much since the picture is out there already.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, and greatly encouraged! I certainly want to foster open discussion, so if you have something to say about anything I've written, don't hesitate! I also greatly enjoy comments/critiques of my stories. But please, no spam.